Background Image for Header:
Apply as soon as possible after beginning the final semester of course-work, but not later than Friday, February 12, for Spring 2021 graduates. Applications received after this date will be accepted at the discretion of the Office of Academic Affairs.
1. Obtain a Graduation Application from the Office of Academic Affairs (Administration Building Room 110) or on-line at www.potomacstatecollege.edu.
2. Meet with your Academic Advisor. The advisor must provide a completed Degree Audit from Degree Works and sign your application. If any waivers or substitutions for degree requirements are being requested, the advisor will so indicate on the application and provide documentation if previously approved.
3. Submit the signed application and Degree Audit to the Office of Academic Affairs.
The College’s 118th Annual Commencement Ceremony will be held on Saturday, May 8, 2021. Graduates and their families and friends are encouraged to attend this event.
If you plan to participate, follow the procedure below:
Caps and Gowns
Place the order for your cap, gown, and tassel at the College Bookstore. Cost is approximately $40 for associate degree graduates and approximately $65 for bachelor degree graduates. Orders should be placed by Friday, April 2, 2021.
If your plans change after submitting your Graduation Application, please notify the Office of Enrollment Services at 304-788-6820.
To graduate, you must complete all degree requirements and have a cumulative grade point average of 2.00 or above.
- Changes to your schedule after submitting a graduation application may affect your eligibility to graduate.
- Students may participate in the Commencement ceremonies without completing all graduation requirements if they are no more than six (6) credits short of completing all requirements and have a cumulative grade point average of at least 1.95. A Graduation Application must be submitted, and no degree will be awarded until all remaining requirements are met.