Background Image for Header:
Business Management (BAS)
- Major Name: Business Management (BAS)
- Degree Program: Applied Science
- Degree Designation: BAS
- College / School: Applied Sciences
What you can do with this degree:
An applied bachelor's degree in Business opens doors to an array of leadership positions and other advanced roles in private, public and nonprofit organizations. A career in business touches on information technology, leadership dynamics and increasingly on ethics and international relationships. You'll have the option to work across industries as a business analyst, human resources generalist, operations manager or marketing specialist. Some business administration graduates also venture into entrepreneurship, creating their own successful businesses from the ground up. (www.allbusinessschools.com)
What you can earn with this degree:
According to www.bls.gov, the annual mean wage for administrative services managers in our area is $36,130-$70,330. Nationwide, the annual mean wage for this group is $36,130-$128,860.
About the program:
If you have completed an Associate of Applied Science (AAS) degree, this program provides you with an opportunity to continue your education to the baccalaureate level, acquiring additional skills and furthering your professional advancement. If you completed your associate degree at another institution, you may be admitted under one of the transfer articulation agreements.
- A different kind of business education that connect academics with real-life opportunities. We help you gain the skills to succeed in the workplace.
- Emphasize practical business applications such as advanced computer applications that will give you the practical skills you need to succeed.
- Entrepreneurship encouraged and supported. WVU Potomac State College, along with the other WVU campuses, is the site of a WVU Launch Lab – applied innovation centers that support your ideas.
- You will apply the skills and knowledge from the program in a capstone experience based on a simulated business. When you graduate, you will be ready to hit the ground running.
- Completion of the BAS program allows you to apply for admission to the MBA (Masters of Business Administration) program offered on the WVU Morgantown campus as well as at other institutions.