Background Image for Header:
Bachelor of Applied Science Degree with an Emphasis in Business Management
Potomac State College of West Virginia University agrees to articulate College of Southern Maryland's Business Administration A S. degree, Business Administration: Technical Management AS. degree, and Management Development A.A S. degree to satisfy the requirements for admission to Potomac State College's Bachelor of Applied Science (B.A.S.) - Business Management Emphasis. Admission to the B.A.S. is restricted to students who have completed an A S. or A.A S. degrees in relevant subjects.
College of Southern Maryland graduates in Business Administration A S., Business Administration: Technical Management A S., and Management Development A.A S. will receive transfer credits for not less than 60 of the 123 credits required to complete the
B.A.S. with an emphasis in Business Management at Potomac State College of West Virginia University.
College of Southern Maryland graduates must complete the final 30 credit hours in residence at PSC. Student's may also be required to earn up to 8 hours in their major field regardless of the number of hours or the nature of the course transferred.
The following electives will be required for College of Southern Maryland students as Qualifying Electives:
• A S. Business Administration and Business Administration: Technical Management students will take PSY 1010 for the Social/Behavioral Science elective
• A.AS. Management Development students will take MTH 1120 or higher for the Mathematics elective and a 4 credit science with lab for the Biological/Physical sciences elective
In the case of the following B.A.S. requirements, Potomac State College will accept College of Southern Maryland course work if a student completed a course parallel to the Potomac State B.A.S. requirement when completing requirements for the AS. or
A.A S. Business Administration, Business Administration: Technical Management, and Management Development at College of Southern Maryland.
• ENGL 102 if the student has completed ENG 1010
• STAT 111 if the student has completed MTH 2300
• GEF elective if the student has completed an Arts/Humanities elective
In order to meet B.A.S. associate level pre-requisite major requirements, College of Southern Maryland A.S. and A.AS. graduates will be required to complete the following courses:
• A.S. Business Administration: CIS 114, CIS 116, 6 credits of major core electives (business, computer or office systems courses)
• A.S. Business Administration: Technical Management: CIS 114, CIS 116, 3 credits of major core electives (business, computer or office systems courses)
• A.A S. Management Development: CIS 114 and CIS 116
To receive a Bachelor of Applied Science degree, College of Southern Maryland graduates must complete at least 62 credits of B.A.S. coursework, as specified in the attached Advisement Sheets.
All B.A.S. graduates will complete a combined total of at least 123 credits.